Longer Shelf Life
With Better and
for Fresher Fruits
GOOD TO KNOW
are lost or
Innovative Green &
At Sufresca we develop edible, unnoticeable and eco-friendly coatings that support the natural abilities of fruits and vegetables to protect against environmental stressors
Our technology reduces weight loss and prolongs shelf-life in several weeks, while keeping appearance and savour as if just harvested
Coatings for tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, garlic bulbs, and pomegranate arils are just a few of many Sufresca innovations
We strive to reduce food loss and waste to benefit all from farm to fork
COATING FOR YOUR NET GAIN
- Prolonged Shelf-life – Earn several more weeks
- Up to 30% less weight loss over 3 weeks compared to uncoated peppers
- Eco-Friendly – Edible green solution
- Optimal Savour – Timely harvest
- Deliver healthier peppers with safe natural coating
- Attractive – Postharvest freshness that lasts
YOU BENEFIT FROM SUFRESCAPEPPERS PROPERTIES
- Low cost
- Enables wider transportation distances & lower delivery frequencies
- Enables economized refrigeration temperatures and longer storage periods
- Includes food additives
- Ultrathin and transparent
- The coating is made of natural, biodegradable and GRAS approved ingredients
- The coating semi-permeability slows down gas exchange with the external atmosphere
- Easy to integrate with existing machinery
- Adapted to organic fruit production
A unique coating formulation was developed. It extends the postharvest cucumbers’ shelf life. Significant decrease in weight loss over a few weeks compared to uncoated cucumbers was detected. Our coating is also suitable for organic produce and renders plastic wrapping redundant.
Pioneering coating formulation for tomatoes that would change production practices in this significant market segment. Shelf-life is outstandingly prolonged, so premature harvesting practices are no longer necessary. It means optimized savour without compromising on lasting freshness. As with all of our coatings, it is edible, green and unnoticeable.
COATING THAT TAKES YOU FORWARD
- Garlic clove withering slows down dramatically
- Reduced weight loss during months long storage
- Maintains bulb and cloves quality during storage
- Optimized to your packaging processes
- Opens up exciting new markets
- Better reputation with better quality product
YOU BENEFIT FROM SUFRESCAGARLIC PROPERTIES
- Cheap and affordable with no impact on production costs
- Easy to apply
- Extended storage and shelf life
- Significant reduction in fresh and dry garlic bulbs weight loss
- Ultrathin and transparent
- Beautiful glossy bulbs
- Does not tear apart or split with unique wrap
- Made of natural materials that are Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)
- Provides a reliable gases, aroma and water vapor barrier
Novel way to preserve ready-to-eat fresh fruit and berry snacks. It is a straightforward method to create selective protective coating (namely, “bandage”) to treat only the damaged parts of Pomegranate Arils. The formed coating is thin, transparent and virtually undetectable by our senses. It preserves product quality for longer, decreases fluid exudation during storage and of course, replaces the need for plastic packaging.
Sufresca develops innovative and tailor-made formulations (film- and emulsion-types) alongside easily implemented application techniques for fruit and vegetable edible coatings
Sufresca’s technology was originally developed at the Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Sufresca’s IP portfolio includes two patents and one provisional.
Additional application is to be filed by the end of August 2020.
Efrat Boker Ferri
Over 18 years in executive management positions including CEO of Formtest, VP Investments of ProSeed Ventures, Board member of the Technion incubator, Founder & CEO of a few startups in the fields of OCR & Neuroscience. B.A in Chemistry & Physics and M.A in applied science from the Hebrew university.
Prof. Amos Nussinovitch
Founder & CTO
Professor Amos Nussinovitch studied Chemistry at the University of Tel Aviv, and Food Engineering and Biotechnology at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, and has over 30 years of research and teaching experience at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Prof. Nussinovitch is the sole author of seven books, the author and co-author of numerous papers and has many patents to his name. A few years ago, Prof. Nussinovitch received a lifetime award from the Manufacturers Association of Israel for his unique and considerable contributions to both academy and the food industry in Israel.
Chairman of the Board
Founder and Managing partner of Rimonim AgTech VC Fund.
Over 20 years of experience as a CEO in several private and public international food companies